Fortnite: Battle Royale
Fortnite: Battle Royale does not currently support private matches. There have been social media posts that indicate that they may implement this feature before March 15th. Therefore in an effort to support SOME form of Battle Royale tournament at CroomsCon 2019 we will implement one of the following tournament rule sets.
- If Fortnite: Battle Royale supports private matches by CroomsCon 2019, the rule set will be roughly the following.
- Round 1: All 2 player teams will be dropped into matches at the same time. The top 50% of placements in the room will move on to the next round.
- Round 2: The top 50% of teams from round 1 are dropped into a new match. The highest ranking team at the end of those matches will be declared the winner of the tournament.
- Ties will be resolved by a 3rd round (if time permits) or by time in game if there is not enough time for a 3rd round.
- If Fortnite: Battle Royale does not support private matches by CroomsCon 2019, the rule set will be roughly the following.
- All 2 player teams will be dropped into (most likely different) matches at the same time. The top 50% of placements will move on to the next round.
- Each team must confirm their ranking with the Tournament Organizer before they leave the match ending screen.
- The top 50% ranking teams from round 1 are dropped into new matches. The team who ends their game with the highest rank in the room will be declared the winner of the tournament.
- Survival time in game is NOT a factor (except in ties). Placement is the primary determining factor in tournament placement.
- This tournament is duo queue only. No more, no less.
Note: You will be using your own Epic Games account and Fortnite credentials in this tournament.
Fortnite is a free to play game, you can create your own account for use at CroomsCon here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US